Making Stronger Connections
Chondroitin helps bond connctive tissue to prevent tearing, and inhibits enzymes that can deplete cartilage nutrition. Cartilage functions to protect bones from moving against each other and to reduce friction. Chrondroitin helps to retain moisture in the joints, allowing for flexibility and resilency, and cushioning against activities like jumping and lifting. It addition, chondroitin works with other nutrients like glucosamine to stimulate the rebuilding and maintenance of cartilage.
The body produces chondroitin, but that production decreases as we grow older. Chondroitin can also be found in foods, but usually only in small amounts. Fortunately, the body absorbs chondroitin well, making supplementation a viable alternative.
- Supports the production of glycosaminoglycans, proteoglycans and collagen—building blocks of healthy cartilage.
- Helps attract fluid into the joints that acts as a sponge or shock absorber during impact.
- May help increase joint flexibility and resiliency.
- Aids in getting essential nutrients to the cartilage.
- Helps protect cartilage from damaging, nutritiondepleting enzymes.
Each capsule contains 300 mg of chondroitin sulfate.
Take 2 capsules with a meal twice daily. Drink 8 ounces of pure water along with the capsules.
|Nutritional:||Skeletal Strength, EverFlex Pain Relief Cream, MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane), Glucosamine|
In a randomized, double-blind clinical study conducted in France, 120 patients with osteoarthritis were given chondroitin sulfate. These people significantly reduced their usage of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) during and after the study.
Studies show that chondroitin is non-toxic and is absorbed by the body quite well. Data also indicate that chondroitin works synergistically with glucosamine to support the structural system.