Recent research findings suggest that the extract from the leaves of the oldest type of tree on earth may indeed help the body support memory function. You know this supplement as Ginkgo biloba, one of the five top-selling herbs in the United States.
In Asia, ginkgo extract has been used for more than 5,000 years. Currently it’s gaining momentum as a natural aid to the nervous system due to its purported ability to support memory-related function in some individuals.
In this light, Nature’s Sunshine is pleased to introduce new Time-Release Ginkgo Biloba Extract, a product sure to benefit many who want nervous system support.
What Does It Do?
It’s recognized as a powerful free radical scavenger, but ginkgo also appears to support optimal blood circulation to the brain, thereby optimizing the amount of oxygen supplied to brain cells.
The key components of our Time-Release Ginkgo are ginkgo flavone glycosides and terpene lactones. Ginkgo extract may also help increase blood flow to the brain and extremities.
- Ginkgo helps improve oxygen metabolism in the brain, which may explain its benefits in the areas of memory, attention span and mood in the early stages of Alzheimer’s disease.
- This herb also appears to support optimal blood circulation to the brain, increasing the amount of oxygen supplied to brain cells.
- It also stimulates the central nervous system and the entire vascular system to increase energy and circulation.
- It has been reported to help return elasticity to cholesterol-hardened blood vessels.
- Ginkgo is recognized as a powerful antioxidant with the ability to scavenge free radicals in the brain.
- The brain and central nervous system are particularly susceptible to free radical attack, making ginkgo all the more valuable.
Our Product Advantage
Time-release technology offers a steady supply of ginkgo for up to 12 hours. A standardized extract provides guaranteed consistent levels of flavone glycosides and terpene lactones, two important active constituents.
Each tablet contains 120 mg of concentrated Ginkgo biloba extract standardized to 24 percent ginkgo flavone glycosides and 6 percent terpene lactones.
Thanks to our special enteric coating process, one tablet of Time-Release Ginkgo taken with a morning meal lasts all day. Each tablet contains 120 mg of concentrated Ginkgo biloba extract standardized to 24 percent ginkgo flavone glycosides and 6 percent terpene lactones. This approximate 12-hour, time-release tablet gives you a constant supply of ginkgo throughout your day. Each bottle contains 30 tablets, a one-month supply.
|Nutritional:||Focus Attention, Focus Attention Powder, Lecithin, Gotu Kola (395 mg), Ginkgo/Gotu Kola Concentrate w/Bacopa (60), Brain-Protex w/ Huperzine|
|Homeopathics:||Depressaquel, Distress Remedy|
Numerous scientific journals have reported on ginkgo’s ability to help improve memory and increase peripheral circulation. One year-long study showed that 120 mg of ginkgo extract per day stabilized or improved cognitive function and social behavior in patients with moderate to severe Alzheimer’s disease or multi-infarct dementia. Preliminary research also shows that ginkgo extract may help with vertigo and tinnitus (ringing in the ears).